The Interior Design program prepares students for a fast-paced, competitive industry that demands high professional standards. Students will be introduced to the latest and most relevant 3D software programs in the design industry such as: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AutoCAD, Revit, and SketchUp Pro. The learning environment is project-based, focusing on creative and technical skills while applying software programs. Coursework includes design theory, space planning, architectural detailing, building codes, and calculations. Students are mentored by industry professional instructors who provide one-on-one support.
Qualifying students will be provided with client projects, field trips, and possible internships at the Las Vegas World Market. Upon completion of this competency-based certificate, students are prepared to begin their career in the Interior Design industry.
- Graduates will demonstrate competency in creative and technical skills by taking a client’s inspiration to a complete design concept.
- Graduates will prepare and present client projects demonstrating professionalism in verbal and visual communication and personal appearance.
- Graduates will utilize 3D consulting software for client presentations to introduce new product designs as well as construction designs.
- Graduates will demonstrate confidence in presenting design concepts to others for feedback and critique.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to read, understand, and develop effective construction documents.
- Graduates will develop professional business, leadership, and communication skills by planning, organizing, and participating with design teams for client projects.